Tue, 16 Mar 2021 07:15:24
When you are looking for the best PC cleaner tool, you will usually hear about these utility tools which are supposed to make your PC super fast by tinkering with a few things. One thing that is clear however is that your computer can only be made faster than its designed capacity, however, computer cleaning software does come in handy in some cases.
Here are some of the best computer cleaners you can try if you really feel the need to use them on your machine.
6 Best PC Cleaner Tools for Windows 10
|PC Cleaner Software||Price||Supported Platforms|
|Storage Sense||Free||Windows 10|
|Disk Cleanup||Free||Windows 10/8/7|
|CCleaner||Free, $19.95||Windows 10/8/7|
|Avast Cleanup||$59.99/year (Premium)||Windows 10/8/7|
|Advanced SystemCare||Free, $19.99 (Pro)||Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP|
|Ashampoo WinOptimizer||Free, $29.99 (Pro)||Windows 10/8/7|
1. Storage Sense – the built-in free computer cleaner
Windows 10 users don’t need to go anywhere when looking for a PC cleanup tool. The Storage Sense feature comes with a tool called Free Up Space which can remove unwanted files from your system.
Free Up Space also does most of the job as a regular Windows cleaner would do. It’s just that you don’t need to install any third-party app, and it’s completely safe from malware.
How to use Free Up Space on Windows 10?
- Go to Settings > System > Storage.
- Click on the “Configure Storage Sense or run it now” option.
- Scroll down and click on Clean Now.
On the same page, you can also configure how you want to delete temporary files related to apps or if you want to auto-delete files in your Downloads folder after a specified number of days.
Furthermore, you can enable the Storage Sense tool if you want Windows 10 to clean your hard drive from time to time manually.
What are the Pros and Cons of Storage Sense?
- You don’t need to install this computer cleaning software.
- Works without any issues. Updates automatically with Windows 10 updates.
- Clears junk files from your computer.
- Can automatically optimize your storage, clean recycle bin, and Downloads folder.
- It’s buried deep inside the Settings app, not much visible to the user.
- This free cleanup software isn’t supported on older versions of Windows.
2. Disk Cleanup – free PC cleaner for older Windows versions
If you want to do nothing and still want one of the best free computer cleaners for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, then Disk Cleanup could be your choice.
However, the Disk Cleanup tool is also available on Windows 10, so it could be an option if you don’t prefer Storage Sense. You can use this built-in disk cleaner utility to delete old Windows installation files after a version upgrade.
To use Disk Cleanup, just open the Start Menu and search for its name. It’s somewhat slower than the Free Up Space on Windows 10, but you can still get rid of a lot of junk that’s living on your PC.
What are the pros and cons of Disk Cleanup?
- Because of its successor, Storage Sense, its UI now looks old.
- Does the job of removing junk files, temporary internet files, thumbnails, etc.
- It can remove older Windows installation data to free up large amounts of space.
- Can clear data from your Downloads folder and Recycle Bin.
CCleaner is probably the most famous Windows cleaner tool among all the ones out there. Not just Windows 10 (and older versions), this utility software is also available for macOS as well. Its paid version Ccleaner Professional Plus is available for $29.95. What makes it one of the best free PC cleaner apps is the numerous feature it offers in addition to data removal functionality. For example, you can use it to wipe your hard drive.
While this PC optimizer tool is quite popular, there is a growing skepticism over its use owing to some features such as Active Monitoring that could make users doubt the privacy aspect. However, Piriform has taken steps to tackle those issues. Still, while using it, you should be aware of what options are enabled in the settings.
What are the pros and cons of CCleaner Free Version?
- Easy to use app that analyzes junk data on machines and deletes them quickly.
- Users can configure which kind of data the PC clean-up software should delete during the process.
- Intelligent cookie scan to leave login information intact while clearing browsing data.
- The CCleaner free version includes features that do the job most of the time.
- The user can exclude specific folders from the cleanup process.
- CCleaner includes many other extra features like Disk Wiper.
- Receive regular software updates, but the free version doesn’t update automatically.
- Intelligent cookie scan feature could raise privacy concerns among some users.
4. Avast Cleanup
This PC clean-up tool comes from the renowned antivirus-maker Avast Technologies. Avast Cleanup can be a good choice for users who want reliable and easy-to-use PC cleanup software.
However, this tool from Avast comes with a price tag. But you can take a trial run and see if it suits your needs.
The Pros and Cons of Avast Cleanup
- The UI is good-looking and easy to navigate.
- Can clear out junk files related to various supported apps.
- Sleep Mode prevents fewer required apps from consuming system resources.
- Can detect and suggest removal of bloatware and other less-used apps on your computer.
- Can clear temporary browsing data for over 25 supported browsers.
- Comes with a built-in disk wiper and registry cleaner tools.
- No free version exists.
5. Advanced SystemCare Free
Advanced SystemCare is yet another free PC cleaner and PC optimizer you can take advantage of on your Windows machine. It’s developed by IObit, which makes other useful Windows utility software including Uninstaller, Start Menu for Windows 8, etc.
What are the pros and cons of Advanced SystemCare?
- Advanced SystemCare is an easy-to-use free computer clean-up software with essential features visible on its user interface.
- Can do startup optimization, delete junk files, fix redundant shortcuts, clear browsing data, etc.
- This free PC optimizer can check outdated system drivers, and optimize RAM usage.
- Functionality can be extended by adding add-ons like IObit Uninstaller, Driver Booster, Smart Defrag, and so on.
- Displays desktop widget with real-time data on RAM and CPU usage.
- Can shut down your PC at a specified time.
- Tries to install extra software during the setup process.
6. Ashampoo WinOptimizer Free
In addition to optimization features, Ashampoo WinOptimizer is one of the best PC cleaner software to delete junk from your computer. In addition to pc cleaning, it can do other jobs like displaying detailed system information.
What are the pros and cons of WindOptimizer Free?
- Nice and tight UI that displays all the options clearly and easy to use.
- Can delete unnecessary files, invalid shortcuts, browsing traces, etc.
- Can be used to disable Windows telemetry, change file associations among various customization options.
- Provides a tool to benchmark your hard drive performance.
- You can use the pc cleaner without creating an account.
What does a computer cleaner do?
You may want to know exactly what data was destroyed during this process. When we talk about typical free pc cleanup utilities for Windows 10, they promise to remove various things, including junk files, browser history, browser cookies, leftovers from deleted apps, etc.
Apart from that, some of these tools also have paid versions, giving you access to more features like one-click maintenance and so on.
Are these PC clean-up tools useful?
I wouldn't say you should rely entirely on computer cleaning software to keep your machine optimal as there are some good practices every user should follow to keep their PC safe and sound. However, they can help in several scenarios if you choose the right tools.
Windows cleaning tools are often questioned because there are lots of bad fish in the sea. Some cleaning tools just make your computer slower than before. They try to install unwanted software by tricking you, or some of them kill important system processes. All in the name of making your PC faster.
Some PC optimization tools even try to pick up minor, if not non-existent issues. They intend to make users, who are not very tech-savvy, panic and end up paying for the software.
However, my personal experience with some free computer cleaning tools is not that bad. I remember getting a significant increase in my old PC boot time after I cleared junk data using CCleaner.
However, I wouldn't recommend using any random cleaning tool to fix your PC. In fact, as it says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- 7 Best Anime Torrent Sites in 2021
- Windows 10 Home Vs Pro: 4 Key Differences Explained!
- 10 Best Android Emulators For Windows PC And Mac (2020 Edition)
So, guys, these are some of the best PC cleaner apps for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, etc. We'll continue to update this list, so don't forget to check it out in the future.
Keywords: windows 10 cleaner, pc cleaner, cleaner software for win 10