Wed, 10 Feb 2021 20:27:03
Apple has launched a new “iPhone 11 Display Module Replacement Program,” where some owners can replace their iPhone 11 screen for free if they have touch issues.
According to Apple, a small proportion of iPhone 11 devices manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020 “may stop responding to touch due to an issue with the display module.”
How to replace the iPhone 11 screen for free?
If you have an iPhone 11 that doesn’t respond to touch, here’s how to replace it for free:
- Go to the iPhone 11’s display replacement website.
- Choose your country of origin.
- Enter the serial number, which can locate in iPhone settings — General — About — Serial Number.
- If your device is eligible, contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to get your iPhone repaired for free.
- Make sure to back up the content of the device to iCloud.
- The iPhone 13 Pro will offer a massive camera upgrade over the iPhone 12 Pro, Kuo said
- Apple added a secret button to your iPhone, and you may not even notice it
- iPhone 12 No Charger In The Box: The Good, The Bad, And The Future
We tried our iPhone 11 serial number, but the website says the device is not eligible for the program.
Apple cites three possible reasons why the iPhone 11 is not eligible for the replacement program. What is clear is that the serial number of the device does not fall into the “affected serial number range.” Another reason may be that the phone is already serviced under the program.
Lastly, the iPhone 11 may have lost eligibility for a free replacement. Apple says affected devices are eligible for free screen replacements for only two years from the date you order them.
Keywords: Apple, how to replace iphone 11 screen, iphone 11, iphone 11 display, iphone 11 touchscreen issues, iphone 11 touchscreen not working