The signal is at the forefront of the WhatsApp alternative, especially since Elon Musk vouched for it in a recent tweet.
Now, if you are one of those who are planning to switch to Signal, you may want to take your WhatsApp groups to a new messaging app. To make the switch easier for users, Signal has added functionality that will allow you to transfer WhatsApp groups to it.
Here’s how you can move your WhatsApp Groups to Signal easily. Note that this method will not move your group chat to Signal as there is no method available yet for it.
How to Move WhatsApp Groups to Signal?
- Download the Signal app and create your account on the app.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right of the screen and choose the “New Group” option from there.
- Add at least one contact to this group from the members of the WhatsApp group you want to move to the Signal app.
- Enter the desired name of the group; you can keep the same name as your WhatsApp group to eliminate any confusion for the group members.
- Now, tap on the group name and go to Settings> Group link. Turn the toggle on and you’ll get a share option.
- Tap on the share option and copy the link.
- Paste the link in the WhatsApp group you want to move to the Signal app. Now anyone who clicks on this link can join the group on Signal.
- How To Check iOS App Privacy “Nutrition Labels”
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange cannot be extradited to the US
- Signal vs Telegram: Which is the Best WhatsApp Alternative?
You can paste this link in other applications as well to invite friends to the group. Apart from that, Signal offers you the option to turn off the shareable link if you don’t want other people to join the group on the WhatsApp alternative.
Unfortunately, there is not yet an option available for moving WhatsApp group chats to Signal but we hope that we will see a similar option soon.