Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:12:56
You are probably familiar with GPS trackers. This popular application tracks your phone and tablet using the built-in GPS once you have installed it on your device.
However, sometimes you don’t have access to your phone. You only have a phone number.
So how do you trace a cell phone location by number? Can it be done? We cover everything you need to know about this subject here.
Part 1: Why You May Need to Track a Cell Phone Location
It’s highly recommended you get permission first before you attempt to track someone’s phone. You may need to locate a cell phone for various reasons:
- You’re a parent with a young child. You want to keep an eye on them when they’re away from home.
- You’re an employer with a problem employee who leaves the worksite during work hours.
The question is this: Is there a way to lookup a cell phone number and finds its precise location? The technology for this exists, but it’s not available to everyone. It would cause a major crisis if that were the case.
However, there is a solution you can try the popular cell phone tracker Spyic.
Part 2: How to Find Current Location by Phone Number Free?
Spyic allows you to quickly find someone’s location by cell phone number. This well-known app is used worldwide and has over a million users.
With Spyic, you can track target Android and iOS devices from your web browser. The app is quick to install and easy to use.
2.1 How Spyic Can Locate Any Phone
The iOS version of Spyic is a web-based app. It doesn’t require a software download or installation. That means you can track an iPhone remotely, even if you don’t have physical access to it. Spyic works with the iCloud backup on the target device.
For Android devices, you just need to install Spyic on the device once. Afterward, you never have to touch the device again. You receive location updates on your web dashboard, which you access remotely from any web browser.
Spyic, in addition to tracking the phone or tablet, can also track the phone number used in the device, via the SIM card.
2.2 How to Locate Any Phone with Spyic
You can install Spyic in minutes using your cell phone or PC. It’s a straightforward process and doesn’t require any technical skills. Once the app is up and running, you’ll be able to locate the cell phone remotely.
If you want to locate an iPhone or iPad, you don’t need physical access to the device. You need the iCloud credentials of the account linked to the device.
If you’re trying to locate an Android phone, you will have to download and install a small app on the device.
Follow these steps to track a cell phone’s location:
Step 1: Sign up for a free Spyic account. You’ll need to use your email ID as the username.
Step 2: Choose a monthly Spyic subscription. You can track a single device for a month with the Premium plan. If you wish to locate multiple devices, you will need the Family plan.
Step 3: You will receive setup instructions by email. Launch the Setup Wizard and start by selecting the target platform, which is the operating system being used on the device. There are two choices: iOS and Android.
You can install Spyic on iPhones and iPads remotely. Enter the iCloud username and password of the account linked to the device. Then wait for a few minutes until Spyic syncs with it.
Install Spyic on Android? Download the app to the target device and follow the on-screen instructions. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare it.
Step 4: Congrats! Now you can locate the cell phone from your web browser. It’s fast and easy. Log in to the dashboard to start tracking the cell phone.
The dashboard gives you an overview of what’s happening on the device. The location-tracking features are in the selection menu. Look for the “Location,” “SIM Card,” or “Geofence” options.
Part 3: Locate Any Phone with Number in Real-Time
Spyic uses the phone’s in-built GPS, WiFi, and SIM card to track the phone. It also tracks the phone number through the SIM card.
You can view the phone’s location from your web browser:
- See current location: You can track the phone in real-time on a map from your web browser. You can set the location update frequency to your liking. You get updates every time the phone enters a new location.
- Check addresses: Spyic shows you the exact address of any location the user was in recently. You can check house numbers, street names, neighborhoods, and city details.
- Access Google Maps: The app integrates with Google Maps, so you can make use of Google Maps features you are most fond of. With Google 3D Street View, for example, you can take a close-up look at any location.
- View location log: The location log tracks the phone’s movements over a period of weeks. It’s a good way to track the device automatically. You get time and date entries and geographical coordinates of locations.
There are two other features worth mentioning:
- Geofencing: You can set up a geofence around any location on a map. When the phone enters or leaves this location, you will receive an email notification.
- Phone number tracker: The phone number tracker option tracks the phone number via the SIM card. You can view the device’s movements on a map, and you receive a notification if the phone user changes their SIM.
3.1 What’s Good and Not So Good About Spyic?
- Spyic is private and trustworthy.
Spyic is a private solution. Your personal details are never recorded or stored remotely if you use the app. They are not shared with the device developers either. Your privacy and safety are assured.
Also, Spyic is a trustworthy solution. Over a million people in 190+ countries use the app. It’s user-verified and works effectively.
- The app doesn’t need rooting or jailbreak.
Unlike some other similar solutions out there, Spyic doesn’t require you to root or jailbreak the target device. Rooting and jailbreak are time-consuming and may cause data loss or malware. They also void the device warranty.
- It’s user-friendly.
Spyic is a user-friendly solution. You can access it conveniently at any time, even when you’re out and about, via your smartphone. You revive regular updates. The app’s user interface is well-designed and intuitive too. You can uninstall Spyic remotely.
- It’s a paid app.
You will need to pay a monthly fee to use Spyic. It doesn’t cost a lot though and you can track a single device for a month for the asking price. They offer a group discount if you track multiple devices.
- The target device needs to connect to the internet.
Spyic will only show you location updates when the target device is connected to the internet. If the data connection is off or there’s some interference, you can’t track the device. This is a limitation all cell phone trackers have.
3.2 What Other Features Does Spyic Offer?
- The app supports stealth location tracking.
Spyic supports stealth location tracking, meaning the device user won’t know you’re tracking their phone unless you want them to. This stealth mode works on both Android and iOS.
If you’re tracking an Android device, you can hide the app after the installation is done. The app will then operate in the background without draining the phone’s battery. It’s small and doesn’t have an app icon. This makes it a hidden solution.
If you’re tracking an iPhone or iPad, the user won’t know you’re there. Spyic for iOS is a web-based solution and requires no software installs. As such, it can’t be detected.
- The app offers other phone tracking features.
Spyic can give you access to other phone features in addition to the device location. You can track social media apps, web browser history, call logs, contacts, and even usernames and passwords with the keylogger. There are 12+ powerful features.
- YouTube 4K is now available on Apple TV, iPhone and iPad, but no HDR or 60fps on TV.
- How to customize your iPhone’s home screen (with widgets and icons).
- iPhone 12 mini recent leaks.
The only way you can track a cell phone location with the number is with Spyic, as a workaround. The other options, such as a reverse phone lookup service to find the phone number for free, don’t work properly and won’t offer real-time tracking.
Keywords: track cell phone location, phone location tracker, track a cell phone location by number, how to track someone location with phone number